The most awaited film of the year 2016 is coming on September 30. With 20 million views and counting as every minute goes by, the trailer of the biopic of M.S.DHONI, “M.S.DHONI:The Untold Story” is all over the internet. Everyone is waiting to get known to the most successful skipper India ever had and maybe will ever have. Here we are sharing with you the lesser known and the must-know facts about Indian Captain.
Here are the most important dates in Dhoni’s life every MAHI fan should know;
|Date of Birth||7 July 1981|
|ODI Debut||23 December 2004 vs Bangladesh|
|Test Debut||2 December 2005 vs Sri Lanka|
|T20 Debut||1 December 2006 vs South Africa|
Dhoni has been awarded as ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2008 and 2009. He is the first cricketer to win this award twice.
He has also received The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2007 and Padma Shri in 2009. And on 1 November 2011, the Indian Territorial Army conferred the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel to him. He is the second Indian cricketer after Kapil Dev to have received this honour.
On his debut in ODI against Bangladesh in 2004, the Indian wicket-keeper got run out on the very first ball he played.
Dhoni is madly in love with motorbikes. It is believed that he owns more than 20 motorbikes. He loves to collect them. The X132 Hellcat is also one of them. He also owns several cars too.
MS also owns a team in the FIM Supersport World Championship. The team is “Mahi Racing Team India”, and also has Telugu actor A Nagarjuna investing in the team.
Back in 2007, Sachin Tendulkar himself suggested the name of Dhoni for captaincy given his calm nature and friendliness with other team members. And rest we know is history.
As we all can see in the trailer, he was employed as Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) at Kharagpur Railway Station between 2001 to 2003.
He has more number of brand endorsements than any other Indian sportsperson.
He is the highest income taxpayer in Jharkhand.
Many believe that MS Dhoni dropped out from school. But that’s not true at all.
Dhoni along with Mahela Jayawardene has a world record for the sixth wicket partnership of 218 runs against Africa XI during the Afro-Asia Cup.
Dhoni holds the records which many cricketers can only dream of. Some of them are,
- Dhoni holds the record for most catches by an Indian player in an innings.
- Dhoni tops the all-time dismissals list by Indian wicket-keepers.
- His 224 is the highest score by an Indian captain in Tests.
- Mahi has registered the highest Test score by an Indian wicket-keeper.
- MS is the most successful Indian Test captain ever surpassing Saurav Ganguly
- He is also the Indian captain with most Test defeats overseas. Weird huh..!!
In addition to the Test Records, the ODI stats are,
- Dhoni holds the records of the most dismissals in an innings by an Indian wicket-keeper.
- MS holds the Indian record of most dismissals in ODIs.
- Mahi is the only captain in the ODIs to score a century while batting at number 7.
- MS is the first non-Australian captain to win 100 ODI matches, and first Indian captain to achieve the mark.
MS DHONI… The Man You Know, The Journey You Don’t..!!
So are you going for this movie First Day First Show? Tell us in comments….